The first order of business was to get the ceiling down in the corners where we noticed some soft spots. After I started pulling down the ceiling I noticed that the overall quality of the insulation was crap and there was a little more water damage than we thought. I made the executive decision to pull the entire ceiling down and replace all the insulation and ceiling itself.
Pulling out all the original paper thin insulation from the 70's was a task in itself. But I'm about as stubborn as a mule so I was determined to get it done in one day, and one day it took! I was itchy for the next three days but hell, it was done.. Word of advice, I found this out after of course but cover yourself in baby powder before you mess with any sort of insulation.
Lots of tedious cutting in the corners around the walls trying to get the old ceiling out without damaging anything around them.
After a very rewarding demo sesh on the ceiling it was time to access the water damage that had happened in the corners of the frame itself..
I will be posting all the updates on the water damage fixes soon so check back!